“All pupils have been enthused and engaged by the lessons taught linked to the Ospreys schools programme. There has been lots of opportunity to develop pupils literacy, numeracy and digital competency skills has fitted well into the current curriculum.”
“Diolch yn fawr! Fantastic training sessions over the last few weeks, the children have enjoyed using the new apps and I have enjoyed teaching with them. The player visit was very successful and the children loved the tour of the stadium yesterday. The apps are not only applicable to Ospreys lessons so can be used across the curriculum. We are hoping to send another member of staff next term.”
Cefn Cribwr Primary.
“This project has especially engaged the boys in the class who have been more excited about writing. All pupils ove using the new apps across all curriculum subjects”
- Develop key digital competency skills in line with the curriculum and the main professional focus of modern, professional sports clubs.
- Explore a range of tried and tested apps/software to deliver a wide range of curriculum objectives, particularly numeracy and literacy.
- Gain instruction on how to arrange and conduct personal player visits in order to make the absolute most of educational possibilities of such inspirational visits, and to develop supplementary work after the player has left, creating an educational legacy of the visit.
- Understand how technology can provide enhanced teaching and learning opportunities in the area of sport, but also across the whole curriculum.
- Create an electronic classroom in order that a visit to the home stadium of the sports team offers not just an inspirational day out for pupils, but also a day of focussed, educational activities.
- Discover how to engage your children with the community ethos of the sports club and also how to share your pupil’s digital sporting journey with parents.
- Literacy and Numeracy – use key tools to develop skills to impact numeracy and literacy objectives, by focussing on the visit of a professional sports person to your school to be interviewed by your pupils.
- Health and Wellbeing – understand the importance of this topic from the perspective of a professional sports club then harness technology to ensure your students understand the important benefits of a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Stadium Tour – learn how to create a digital classroom which will be used to record resources during a tour of your local stadium, and also use technology to make the tour a genuine digital learning experience for the students.
- Science and Technology – discover how science and technology is used in professional sport and learn the mobile technology that will allow students to integrate this professional approach into their studies back in school.
- Coding and Programming – this session makes the link between computational thinking used in sport and the key vocabulary, concepts and programs in digital technology.
We work with sports organisations to build a bespoke programme that blends a thematic approach to training with relevance to the sports club and its local community in your area.