SERVICES & SUPPORT
“As a result of this week our action plan will be put together the school project. This will focus on supporting ALN children using the apps; ASD Tools, Social stories creator, Splingo and Spellosaurus. Also the additional apps looked at will be put on a list for staff to look at over half term, and staff will feedback on these apps in the next staff meeting and how they will use them in their classroom..”
Charmaine Minney, Merthyr LEA Schools Project.
“As a self confessed technophobe I find tech training a bit overwhelming but I have learned a lot from this training and my confidence has grown, both with using an iPad, and the many apps shown to us. I have been introduced to some very useful resources that will make achieving IEP, speech and other educational targets all the more successful. Thank you to Emma for making the course relaxed, educational and reducing my technophobia!”
Alex King, States of Jersey Schools Project.
“I have had a wonderful time this week learning about all new exciting apps to develop oracy and ICT skills within my workplace. You don’t have to be a professional at using the iPad to learn all about the apps, I can’t wait to implement what I have learnt in my classroom and share my knowledge with my colleagues. Thank you so much to our course leaders for their patience, advice and support throughout the week you are an asset to the programme.”
Kayleigh Acreman, Merthyr LEA Schools Project.
“I will definitely be implementing these into the classroom. I have found this course very useful on how to bring in Ict more in lessons and the benefits of using these apps.”
Abigale Jones, Merthyr LEA Schools Project.
- An overview of the strengths and challenges pupils face in the classroom.
- Discover how to mix technology with pedagogy to impact the social, emotional and academic lives of your students.
- Increase the understanding and skill levels of using key apps and software with an opportunities for ‘hands on’ exploration of the apps in your class.
- Develop use of video technology to gain greater insight into technique and form.
- Explore how digital competences aligned with literacy, numeracy and ALN can be applied across the curriculum.
- Develop a more inclusive classroom.
- ADHD – Areas of challenges and behaviours. What ADHD looks like in the classroom and strategies. How technology can support and personalise learning.
- ASD – Areas of difficulty: including social communication, social interaction & social imagination. Strengths and Challenges. How technology can support and personalise learning. How to use Accessibility Settings.
- Dyscalculia and Numeracy Difficulties – Areas of difficulty and the challenges faced in the classroom. How technology can support and personalise learning.
- Dyslexia and literacy difficulties – An overview of the strengths, challenges and dyslexia from a child’s viewpoint. Learning styles and how they can be supported. How technology can support and personalise learning
- Speech, Language & Communication difficulties – Overview of main areas of difficulty, including expressive and receptive language skills. How these difficulties present in the classroom. How technology can support and personalise learning.
We work with you to build a bespoke solution that blends a thematic approach to training with relevance and meaning to your school’s working patterns. The training will be adapted depending on age range, ALN needs and staff experience, these can be discussed in the initial planning meeting.