DO YOU REQUIRE BESPOKE DIGITAL CPD FOR STAFF, PUPILS AND THE WIDER COMMUNITY?
UP-BEAT PROGRAMME OVERVIEW
Technology is an ever developing aspect of education but traditionally, schools have always been behind other areas such as business. Consequently, this means our students are leaving school with a lack of digital competency skills for roles in later life and are required to develop an entirely different skill set when entering the work place.
Our Up-Beat programme can provide a bespoke digital CPD solution for your school’s individual requirements to ensure you remain ahead of the game. Whether for teachers, teaching assistants, students or leadership, we work with you to establish a training solution that ensures your stakeholders are using technology effectively.
With digital competency now a key component of the curriculum, our focus is on education and life long skills, rather than the technology. All workshops are designed with teaching and learning as the driver, enabling you to build the foundations upon which a digital team can continue to impact standards and digital competency moving forward. Our bespoke Upbeat solutions can be tailored to each educational institution, regardless of subject or age range.
EYFS/Foundation Phase, KS1, KS2, KS3, KS4, Higher Ed, Further Ed
During the workshops, you will:
- Work with A2B to develop a training plan bespoke to your school.
- Link current and future school objectives to workshops so that training directly impacts wider school objectives.
- Develop key digital competency skills in line with the curriculum.
- Explore a range of tried and tested apps/software to deliver a wide range of curriculum objectives, particularly numeracy and literacy.
- Use our ‘Learning Wheel’ to develop opportunities for using technology in lessons, starting with the learning objective.
- Understand how technology can provide enhanced teaching and learning opportunities.
- Redefine how you create and share content with students and staff.
- Discover how to engage your community and share your school’s digital journey with parents.
There are a range of units available that are tailored to your school and age range. Some example modules are:
- Awesome Oracy – use key tools to develop oracy skills to impact numeracy and literacy objectives.
- Assessment for Learning – harness technology to establish where your students are with their learning and how to differentiate effectively.
- Beyond the Classroom – explore a variety of ways to share outside of school so that students take ownership of their learning.
- Developing Content – discover how you can create engaging content that will motivate and enthuse your students.
We work with you to build a bespoke solution that blends a thematic approach to training with relevance and meaning to your school’s working patterns. All modules are adapted depending on age range and can be discussed in the initial planning meeting.
We are flexible to your needs and work around your timetable to ensure maximum impact can be achieved across your school. Training typically takes place across 4 to 5 mornings/afternoons for a group (up to 20).
“This is the best course I have ever attended. It has been very informative it’s given me a direction in which to next go with digital learning across my school. Fantastic input from the Aspire 2Be team and I have learnt far more than I thought I would. The six modules covered will most certainly enhance teaching and learning and digital competency for staff and pupils.”
Ysgol Clawdd Offa, North Wales.