IN COLLABORATION WITH MEDIA PUNDIT AND EXPERT, SEAN HOLLEY
Media plays a significant role in our day to day lives and how we view and respond to events around us. At the forefront of providing news and insight is Broadcasting. Reporting and analysis are now delivered through a wide range of media, ensuring that the general public, fans and enthusiasts can stay up to date with their favourite teams, current affairs and sports people.
Whilst broadcasting requires a vast array of skills, it is a role that students rarely get to experience in a school setting – until now!
iBroadcast immerses students in the world of sport, through a series of sessions that promote communication, collaboration and presentation. Each unit will help students to find their inner voice by challenging them to create their very own media show and / or documentary.
As well as achieving core Literacy and Numeracy objectives, it will provide students with an opportunity to enhance their digital competency skills in a fun and engaging context. Students will benefit from expert knowledge and experience in order to analyse and sculpt their own presentation style. Our aim is to inspire students so that they can find a passion for media.
By the end of the programme, we could be looking at the next generation of broadcasters!
KS3, KS, HE, FE.
During the workshops, you will:
- Develop core personal skills such as communication, collaboration and presentation.
- Find the confidence to speak and present to a variety of audiences.
- Work as part of a team to plan, research and present a finished product whilst working to a deadline.
- Engage in a series of contextual scenarios that are synonymous with broadcasting.
- Constructively critique examples of broadcasting and interviews to find best practice.
- Enhance oracy and written skills that will have impact across the curriculum.
- Explore language development linked to a specific field of work.
- Use different technology to capture audio, images and film.
- Analyse techniques using the latest analysis applications.
- Explore various software to edit, perfect and produce a final show.
- Learn from experts in broadcasting and presenting.
- Have fun!
- Session 1 – Broadcast Basics – Core Skills Development
- Session 2 – 2 Commentate – Commentary Masterclass
- Session 3 – Q and A – Present and Participate
- Session 4 – Sporting A & E – Analyse and Evaluate performance
- Session 5 – iBroadcast LIVE
Our latest iBroadcast, in collaboration with Sean Holley Sport & Media, saw us work in conjunction with Swansea University’s Employment Zone. The aim was to provide opportunities for Students of the university to improve their job prospects post higher education, strengthen their CV’s and provide them with the opportunity to gain some valuable experience from experts in the the field of media. As you can see from the film below it was an huge success!
Read the Education Technology article about our iBroadcast programme.
Read the Ed Quarter article about our iBroadcast programme.
“Education needs to go further than the classroom if we’re to help propel pupils in Wales to future success. The iBroadcast sessions have instilled a sense of excitement in our Business Class partnership schools; pupils loved the broadcast training and we have seen some natural talent blossom over the programme.
“iBroadcast works to develop a versatile skill set and level of newfound confidence among young people, which will undoubtedly work to their benefit and help them prosper throughout their education and into early career paths.”
James Harper, Corporate Social Responsibility Manager
Principality Building Society
“The sports industry is thriving. It’s in a state of constant evolution, nurtured by a mixture of experienced heads and fresh talent with versatile strengths. However, it seems the expectations for what kids can bring to the employment table are higher, which is why I wanted to introduce broadcasting masterclasses to the Welsh curriculum to offer great work experience opportunities. It’s been amazing to put heads together with Principality and Aspire 2Be to make it happen and I look forward to seeing them on TV soon competing for my job!”
Sean Holley, Broadcaster
We were delighted to be given the opportunity to work on the iBroadcast pilot and it was fantastic to see the confidence of the pupils grow during the programme. We were incredibly impressed by the professionalism and expertise shown by the Aspire 2Be trainers and Sean Holley, and the pupils who attended have been inspired to become digital pioneers in school who have passed on the skills they developed to both teachers and pupils.
Daniel Hughes, Head of Business, Ysgol Y Strade