G Suite for Education
G SUITE PROGRAMME OVERVIEW
Every school aims to offer the highest possible teaching and learning opportunities it can. However, a school can only do this by ensuring the underlying procedures and processes are robust and efficient enough so that educators and students can focus on the job at hand.
Unfortunately, schools are inundated by various solutions that can indeed have impact, but when piled on top of the other systems already there, impact can be lost.
Our Google Legacy programme is designed to combat this. By working with teachers and teaching assistants through a simulated school environment, we show how education can take advantage of the FREE workflow ecosystem offered by Google. Each module looks at existing processes and guides users through scenario based activities designed to demonstrate the impact Google can have on day to day processes.
Additionally, delegates have the option of taking the Google Certified Educator accreditation as an extra string to their bow!
EYFS/Foundation Phase, KS1, KS2, KS3
During the workshops you will:
- Learn about the ways in which Google can transform school processes.
- Gain access to real and relevant examples that have been used in the classroom.
- Work through tutorials at your own pace to focus on areas that matter to you.
- Work in a simulated school environment to provide context to activities.
- Discover how Google Apps for Education combine to improve teaching and learning workflow.
- Use tools such as Google Classroom and Google Drive to redefine your classroom and how content is shared along with the ability to provide meaningful feedback.
- Reach out to your community through a variety of engagement tools.
- Be offered the opportunity to take Google Certified Educator Level 1.
- Plan how to use Google apps within your classroom.
- Explore how this can be shared with the rest of the school to impact school wide pedagogy.
Google Legacy consists of three themed days, followed by planning and accreditation:
- Effective Communication – a look into how we currently communicate within schools and where Google can help.
- Beyond the Classroom – using Google Classroom and Google Drive as the foundations for learning inside and outside of school.
- Community Engagement – use apps such as Google Forms and Youtube to engage with wider school community.
Workshops typically take place across 4 to 5 mornings/afternoons, depending on those who wish to take the Google Educator accreditation.
The best and most useful training I’ve had in over 15 years in teaching. I am able to take this training and implement into my classroom. Thank you!