A DIFFERENT AND INNOVATIVE APPROACH TO ORGANISATIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND IMPROVEMENT
Governments, Public sector organisations, Voluntary Sector , Arms length organisations, Educational institutions at all levels
AREAS OF EXPERIENCE AND SUPPORT
- Leadership of and within major organisations at National, Regional , and Local Levels
- Whole/part whole organisational review and inspection,failure turn around from intervention to recovery and beyond to ensure continuous improvement.
- Practical experience of organisation leadership and management models as well as alternative methods of service delivery
Manage the cultural change throughout By :
- Carrying out a high level review of structures and services
- Undertaking a ‘mock Inspection/Audit/Organisation[service] Analysis
- Agreeing issues ,risks, opportunities and assigned actions within agreed timescales
- Reflecting with key stakeholders and determining strategies for improvement
- Translating agreed strategy[ies] into a concise and clear Transformation Plan utilising a range of tools and techniques
- Checking/reviewing/monitoring achieved service and cultural change
Tailor-made workshops to suit individual organisations/circumstances
Examination of current culture through discussion and practical exercises which expose value systems , beliefs and need for cultural change /service improvement. Understanding the ‘Cultural Web’ in order to navigate the change journey effectively. Negotiating areas for review/focus. Agreeing timescales
High level review of structure services :
- Explaining/utilising reference models [eg McKinsey’s &’s model] which test ‘Why current structure? Is it fit for purpose?
- Challenging Leadership by examining clarity of business case for change, commitment levels [honest or token].
- Examining role models and challenging existing behaviours, testing current decision making
- Establishing ‘key ‘issues: leadership, management, priorities, partnership working/collaboration – internal and external , communication
- Examining service delivery: readiness to change,
- Calibration of agreed outcomes / outputs
- ‘MOCK’ Inspection/Review / Audit : Utilising current spheres of constraint eg WAO/Audit commission / Estyn templates
- Examination of self evaluation cycles/reporting systems against actual service delivery ,impact and outcomes, value for money, workforce issues – skills, abilities, innovation, reward and recognition, systems, health and well being, workplace environment etc
- Leadership / management styles, communication ,levels and systems for reporting
- Preparation of draft review report
- Agreeing issues and risks ,opportunities and assigning actions with possibility for further ‘deep dive’ into agreed areas leading to: Reflection on organisational structure -Values and beliefs [Utilising models such as those produced by Cranfield University School of Management] and determining improvement/recovery strategy
- Translating strategy into a clear Transformation plan :with the overall objective of delivering a coherent, integrated range of support to the Senior Leadership team , senior manager and those responsible for governance utilising a range of tools and techniques. These include :Thinking Leadership and Leadership gets results.The Nine Essential Elements for High Performance, Performance Pyramid, Measuring Team Effectiveness, GROW Performance Management, Governance Framework
- Preparation ,Delivery and Presentation of concluding, overall report [tailor-made for different audiences if needed] which evaluates the effectiveness of the process and sessions and measures :
- What has improved /changed as a result of the programme
- Demonstrable progress/impact
- How knowledge and methodology has been transferred and embedded
The above summary provides examples of how cSmart is delivered . However each organisation, is different and whilst experience shows there are similarities a package will be designed and customised for each client on an individual basis which will include , timescale , number of workshop sessions, nature of the review, agreed reporting structures and formats.