However, these concepts require an entirely new skill set for teachers to get to grips with, let alone the various software and hardware solutions that are available. AspirED can help.
“I thought the whole programme from start to finish was amazing, more courses like these are needed in education.”
Alison John, Nantymoel Primary.
- Realise that coding is hugely engaging for both you and your students!
- Understand key coding vocabulary and concepts through hands on activities.
- Learn how to deliver computational thinking concepts without a computer.
- Apply your understanding of programming against an age related skills matrix, ensuring skills progression across your school.
- Demonstrate a variety of visual programming language techniques through a cross curricular approach.
- Create apps and games that can be used as examples for your students.
- Explore the use of robotics and how they can provide a visual and emotional link between the virtual (software) and physical (hardware) world.
- Generate ideas as to the practical application of coding and robot programming in the classroom and beyond.
- Work with experts to plan a unit of programming to deliver back at your school!
- Gain access to a range of similar planning units to help start your programming journey with a bang!