IN COLLABORATION WITH MEDIA PUNDIT AND EXPERT, SEAN HOLLEY
Media plays a significant role in our day to day lives and how we view and respond to events around us. At the forefront of providing news and insight is Sports Broadcasting. Sports reporting and analysis are now delivered through a wide range of media, ensuring fans and enthusiasts can stay up to date with their favourite teams and sports people.
Whilst broadcasting requires a vast array of skills, it is a role that students rarely get to experience in a school setting – until now!
iBroadcast immerses students in the world of televised sport, through a series of sessions that promote communication, collaboration and presentation. Each unit will help students to find their inner voice by challenging them to create their very own sports show.
As well as achieving core Literacy and Numeracy objectives, it will provide students with an opportunity to enhance their digital competency skills in a fun and engaging context. Students will benefit from expert knowledge and experience in order to analyse and sculpt their own presentation style. Our aim is to inspire students so that they can find a passion for media.
By the end of the programme, we could be looking at the next generation of Sports broadcasters!
During the workshops, you will:
- Develop core personal skills such as communication, collaboration and presentation.
- Find the confidence to speak and present to a variety of audiences.
- Work as part of a team to plan, research and present a finished product whilst working to a deadline.
- Engage in a series of contextual scenarios that are synonymous with sports broadcasting.
- Constructively critique examples of broadcasting and interviews to find best practice.
- Enhance oracy and written skills that will have impact across the curriculum.
- Explore language development linked to a specific field of work.
- Use different technology to capture audio, images and film.
- Analyse sports technique using the latest sports analysis application.
- Explore various software to edit, perfect and produce a final show.
- Learn from experts in broadcasting and presenting.
- Have fun!
- Session 1 – Broadcast Basics – Core Skills Development
- Session 2 – 2 Commentate – Commentary Masterclass
- Session 3 – Q and A – Present and Participate
- Session 4 – Sporting A & E – Analyse and Evaluate performance
- Session 5 – iBroadcast LIVE
We were delighted to be given the opportunity to work on the iBroadcast pilot and it was fantastic to see the confidence of the pupils grow during the programme. We were incredibly impressed by the professionalism and expertise shown by the Aspire 2Be trainers and Sean Holley, and the pupils who attended have been inspired to become digital pioneers in school who have passed on the skills they developed to both teachers and pupils.
Daniel Hughes, Head of Business, Ysgol Y Strade