DIGITAL COMPETENCE REVIEW
DO YOU KNOW THE LEVEL OF DIGITAL COMPETENCE IN YOUR SCHOOL?
DIGITAL COMPETENCE REVIEW SERVICES & SUPPORT
The Directors and A2B Team bring a wealth of ‘hands on’ experience having worked in Schools, Colleges, Universities, Academy Trusts Central Government and Local Authorities, delivering strategic, leadership, teaching and operational roles. We have a wealth of lessons learnt from supporting a high number of educational organisations across the UK and Internationally to enhance and sustain their technology provision up to Director and SLT levels.
The Digital Competence Review focuses on the organisation’s vision for teaching and learning aligned to their school development plan, current digital team and overall ICT operations. We spend time with a range of key stakeholders to understand your current good practice, any challenges at the ‘coal face’ and identify where and how the school can move forward with its technology vision and Digital Competence Plan.
Aspire 2Be will host a strategic workshop for key stakeholders at the end of the review and will present the school with a strategic action plan, moving forward. To ensure consistency A2B are then able to carry out the action plan in full conjunction with the school, its leaders, staff and pupils.
Governments, Local Authorities / Consortia, EYFS/Foundation Phase, KS1, KS2, KS3, KS4.
AREAS OF EXPERIENCE AND SUPPORT
- Complete a “line in the sand” review with regards to Digital Competence across the organisation and wider community.
- Clearly aligning your School Development Plan, Literacy and Numeracy objectives with Digital Competence so that it’s not seen as “additional workload” or simply ICT.
- Thought leadership, strategic planning and operational improvement.
- Curriculum planning, staff development, embedding strategies and support for new and existing technologies.
- Developing sustainable and curriculum enhancing mobile learning strategies.
- ICT / Technology due diligence reviews / audits for schools.
- Change management and transitional support for schools where ICT / Technology concerned.
- IT Support staffing evaluations and restructures for shared services and individual school support models.
- Support for creating and managing competitive tenders.
- Support for evaluating and applying for funding opportunities.
- Technical and project assurance services.
- Capital build ‘life cycle’ support and delivery for ICT developments.
DIGITAL COMPETENCE REVIEW PROCESS
- Initial meeting with Headteacher and E Learning manager
- School sent pre request information pack
- A2B team assess pre info returned and agree review timetable
- A2B team spend 1 or 2 days on site speaking to all representatives of the stakeholder community
- Commentary report sent to Headteacher and ELM
- Strategic workshop off site with A2B team to formulate a bespoke Digital Competence plan strategically aligned to your school development plan and wider community cohesion aims.
Workshops typically take place across a morning or afternoon (2.5 hours) and preferably offsite from school at one of our offices or meeting spaces
“The Digital Competence Review is excellent. It provided our school with an excellent platform upon which to build future success. Simon and his team are incredibly professional and knowledgeable.
Such was the success of the review, we have embarked on a number of further excellent projects with Aspire2be. I can wholeheartedly recommend.”
Lindsey Watkins – Headteacher Millbrook Primary, Newport.