DIGITISE ME PROGRAMME OVERVIEW
Engaging with the digital world can be a daunting prospect, particularly if you are not a confident technology user. Couple this with lack of opportunity to use emerging tools in a professional or personal capacity and it really can seem like an impossible mountain to climb, whilst you see the younger generation seemingly using with ease.
Aspire2Be are here to help. Our Digitise Me! programme provides you with the skills and knowledge you need in order to scale the technology challenge and become a digitally competent and confident member of the community.
Whether you are looking to enhance your employability or to use the vast array of online tools to boost your social engagement, our sessions are tailored to your skill level and will leave you feeling empowered and enthused to continue developing your digital knowledge.
Each session has been carefully built to reflect the skills of today and the technology of tomorrow. We cover basic computing skills to more advanced use, making sure that everyone leaves with a newfound thirst for technology.
School Community Cohesion Project, Intergenerational Learning, Job seekers, Employability agencies for clients, Industry workers eg- steelworkers
- Develop a solid understanding of how to use the most popular tablet and laptop available to increase chances of 21st century employment.
- Learn about online storage and how to benefit from working in the cloud.
- Construct a selection of digital documents to help manage your home and financial arrangements.
- Discover how to take your office software tools to the next level
- Explore a variety of software that can boost your social connectivity and become attractive to potential employers.
- Understand the pros and cons of online services and how to avoid pitfalls by keeping your information private.
- Showcase your employability with a guide to building a top class CV and covering letter.
- Benefit from social media tools to stay connected, both at work and play.
- Become aware of your social responsibilities and digital footprint when using social media platforms.
- Session 1 – Back to basics: Tablet & Laptop Skills
- Session 2 – Work the Cloud: Storage & Office Services
- Session 3 – Employability Showcase: CV and cover letters
- Session 4 – Stay Social: Tools to keep connected and employable
- Session 5 – Interview skills and mock interview
Workshops are structured over 5 mornings spread over 5 weeks or can be delivered in 5 morning sessions over 1 week.